I had some data in SQLite, and wanted to sort on the columns (and on a pair of columns). I really like DB Browser for SQLite because it’s free, powerful, has a nice GUI. It turns out that a stable sort on multiple columns is easy, but not well-documented. Here’s the how you do it:
- Open a SQLite file in DB Browser for SQLite
- In the Browse Data tab, click a column head to sort by that column
- Click it again to reverse-sort
- To sort by multiple columns, Control-Click (Command-click in macOS) on a second column heading. You’ll see small numbers next to the field names to indicate their order.
- Ctl/Cmd-click a second time to reverse-sort that column
- Click another column head to clear the previous selection(s)
- Here’s a video that shows how it works: https://youtu.be/KMowPpzZ2Vc